The Memorial Student Center (MSC) plays a unique and important role at Texas A&M University. The center is first it is a cherished memorial dedicated to honor fallen Aggie service men and women. Second, it is the center of student activities on the College Station campus. The 109,000 gsf of new construction and the 267,600 gsf of renovated space symbolize and reinforce the Aggie traditions that embody the Texas A&M University history and culture.
The site embraces the university's campus plan, transforming an adjacent street into a highly trafficked pedestrian mall. Increased indoor/outdoor connections, extensive interior daylighting and a palette of natural materials enhance the sense of community and increase the level of student activity throughout the MSC.
Sustainable Design Features
- Indigenous and recycled building materials
- Captured Rain Water for Sewage Conveyance
- Dual-flush, low Flow Fixtures
- Highly Rated Sustainable Sites
- Efficient Low-Emitting Materials
- Low VOC materials (Carpet)
- Incorporation of naturally daylighted spaces
- Interior spaces equipped with occupancy sensors
- Agricultural Headquarters Building - LEED Silver Certified