The Postwar Era
The postwar period is marked by rapid growth. Unlike the character of the first seventy years, this period began a phase when new buildings on campus would no longer relate to the older ones architecturally. Although the vocabulary of architecture was not that of the previous decades, the placement of the structures still created a community of spaces. They continued to define quadrangles, streets and other components of the civic structure.
Listed below are some of the most notable buildings constructed during this period.
- Easterwood Airport Hangar – 1948
- Biological Sciences Bldg East – 1950
- Memorial Student Center – 1951
- Coke Building – 1951
- G. Rollie White Coliseum – 1952
- Anthropology Building – 1952
- A&M Press Building – 1955
- Heep Laboratory Building – 1957
- All Faiths Chapel – 1957
- Henderson Hall – 1958
- Easterwood General Aviation Terminal – 1958
- Doherty Building – 1960